In order to expedite entry into the Kohl Center graduates along with guests are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring. As they approach the metal detectors outside the building, fans will need to remove cell phones, cameras, and keys from their pockets before going through the metal detectors. They will not need to remove items such as hats, jewelry, belts, shoes, wallets or coins. Signage outside the Kohl Center will instruct graduates and guests as to which items can or cannot pass through the metal detectors.
All items and spectators are subject to search. Storage facilities are not available for checking prohibited items. Items left at gates will be disposed of accordingly. Download a visual guide of the carry-in policy at the Kohl Center (PDF).
- Bags no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches
- Items related to a medical condition
- Chairbacks (not more than 16” wide)
- Flowers (with no glass vase)
- Sealed bottled water
- Diaper bags (with child)
- Bags larger than 8.5 by 11 inches, including backpacks
- Flags, banners, signs
- Food, beverages
- Baby carrier seats
- Laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate.