Top 5 things to know
- On Friday May 10 doors open at the Kohl Center at 3:30 p.m. On Saturday May 11 doors open at Camp Randall at 10 a.m. Please note both ceremonies typically last approximately 2-2.5 hours. A livestream of each ceremony will be available on YouTube.
- Guests, family members, and friends are welcome to attend. There is no ticketing for attendance and seating is general admission, first-come, first-served. If you are a graduate in need of accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is also available on our Kohl Center and Camp Randall accessibility pages.
- Only Doctoral, MFA and Medical Degree Professional graduates will have their names read as they cross the stage at the Kohl Center ceremony. No names or stage crossing will occur at the Camp Randall ceremony due to time. All degree candidates for both ceremonies will be seated by school, college, or degree. Seating is not pre-assigned by graduate name and is first-come, first-served.
- Diplomas will be mailed out to graduates 6-8 weeks after grades are entered. To ensure that diplomas are mailed to the correct address, update your home address in MyUW.
- No guests, including children (with the exception of nursing parents) are permitted in the candidate seating area. No food or beverages of any kind are permitted. Please review the carry-in policy as well as the metal detector procedures to plan accordingly. Flowers are allowed inside the Kohl Center and Camp Randall, however glass containers, balloons, backpacks, and wrapped gifts are not allowed.