The carry-in policy applies to both the Kohl Center and Camp Randall Stadium. In order to expedite entry into the Kohl Center and Camp Randall, graduates along with guests are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring. Metal detectors will be in place at the Kohl Center. As guests enter the Kohl Center they will not need to remove personal items such as cell phones, cameras, keys, wallets or coins from their pockets before going through the metal detectors. They will not need to remove clothing or accessories such as hats, jewelry, belts, shoes or jackets. Signage outside the Kohl Center will instruct graduates and guests on the building carry-in policy.
Please note that the clear bag policy does not apply for Camp Randall Stadium and the Kohl Center on the day of commencement.
All items and spectators are subject to search. Storage facilities are not available for checking prohibited items. Items left at gates will be disposed of accordingly. Download a visual guide of the carry-in policy at the Kohl Center (PDF). Download a visual guide of the carry-in policy at Camp Randall (PDF).
- Bags no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches
- Items related to a medical condition
- Chairbacks (not more than 16” wide)
- Flowers (with no glass vase)
- Diaper bags (with child)
- Bags larger than 8.5 by 11 inches, including backpacks
- Flags, banners, signs
- Food, beverages
- Baby carrier seats
- Laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- Umbrellas (prohibited in Camp Randall Stadium ONLY. Umbrellas are permitted in the Kohl Center.)